Tech giant Apple announced a new line of products, including three watch models, four brand new iPhone 14 models and AirPods Pro 2 at its official annual event two weeks ago. Many loyal followers and fans have already purchased upgrades for their older devices.
The new iPhone 14 series promises the best battery life on an iPhone to date, improved low-light photography, larger displays, and more. It’s a worthy upgrade for those who want to take advantage of Apple’s latest technology.
Newer iPhones tend to be very easy to set up given the robust data backup options the devices offer. You can also easily pair your Apple Watch, new or old, with the iPhone 14 and 14 Pro series. If you want to access data from your old watch on a new device, all you need is the Watch app and a saved backup.
Here’s how you can pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro.
Before starting the process, make sure of the following:
- Your iPhone 14 / 14 Plus / 14 Pro / 14 Pro Max must be connected to the Internet.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Complete any pending software updates for your iPhone.
- When pairing your old watch, make sure all previous watch data is backed up to iCloud for a smooth experience.
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close to each other until the pairing process completes.
To pair your new or old Apple Watch with the latest iPhone 14/14 Pro, follow these steps:
- Download the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Turn on your Apple Watch, put it on your wrist, and bring it to your iPhone.
- Your phone will display the message “Use iPhone to set up this Apple Watch.” Click Continue. If the message doesn’t appear, open the Clock app on your iPhone, tap All Clocks, and then tap Add Clock.
- If you’re customizing the watch for yourself, click Customize for yourself. Otherwise, select the “Set up for a family member” option.
- Once the animation appears, place the watch face on the iPhone screen to match the viewfinder. You can also pair your watch manually and follow the displayed prompts. Once completed, your watch will be successfully paired with your iPhone 14 or 14 Pro.
To complete the clock setting, follow these steps:
- If it is a new watch, select the setting as new. If it’s an old watch and you want to restore a backup, select Restore. Choose which wrist you want to wear the watch on and then click Continue. You will then need to read the terms and conditions and click “Agree”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID password. You can also link your Apple ID later from the Watch app.
- Choose to generate a passcode for your watch when prompted on your iPhone. You can skip this step if you want, but some services like Apple Pay won’t be available without a password.
- Once all the new information has been synced, your Apple Watch will be updated and ready to use.
The once-hyped annual event unveiled three new Apple Watch models, including the Series 8, SE, and Ultra. Each of these models caters to different needs, allowing users to expand their capabilities as needed.