The average household is expected to spend money $1,4551 about gifts this year.
LOS ANGELES, November 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The holiday season is in full swing across the country and consumers are turning their attention to shopping for friends and family. Gifts, including new tech gadgets, concert tickets, and clothing, are at the top of many people’s wish lists this time of year, and Mercury Insurance has put together a list of some interesting options that may qualify for an insurance discount.
“The holiday season is filled with the anticipation of giving and receiving gifts,” he said Randall Petro, Vice President & Chief Claims Officer at Mercury Insurance. “If you’re looking for something that will save you money and add a little extra security, Mercury Insurance has some ideas that will complete your perfect vacation wish list.”
The following gifts are worth mentioning to speak to your insurance agent about a possible discount:
- Dashcam: This is an incredibly useful tool that records everything that happens while you are driving, so you will have peace of mind knowing that there is a record of any accidents.
- A new vehicle: If the holiday budget is a bit bigger this year, consider one of the most affordable electric vehicles, SUVs or trucks.
- Driver assistants: A product that gives discounts and improves your driving at the same time is an attractive idea. MercuryGO is an app that uses telematics to produce a driving score. The better the score, the more discount applies to the policy. MercuryGO is only available in certain states.
- Smart fire alarms/sensors: These devices can monitor and alert you when smoke is detected in your home. Whether it’s by sounding the alarm or sending you a push notification, these devices can alert you as soon as smoke is detected.
- Smart leak detection: The constant dripping from a leaky tap is not only annoying, but can also increase your water bill. Products like Flume are designed to detect leaks and alert you. Mercury is subsidizing the purchase of this system for California policyholders.
- Security systems: A home security system with 24/7 remote monitoring, push notifications when a window or door is opened, and some even have thermostat controls.
High quality insurance is a gift that really keeps on giving. For more information on available coverage and discounts from Mercury Insurance, visit www.MercuryInsurance.com.
About Mercury Insurance
Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) is a multi-line insurance company that offers personal auto, homeowners and renters insurance policies directly to consumers and through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Illinois, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginiaas well as auto insurance Florida. Mercury also writes business owner, business car, lessor, commercial multi-risk and mechanical protection insurance in several states.
Since 1962, Mercury has been providing customers with tremendous value for their insurance dollars by pairing ultra-competitive rates with excellent customer service. Mercury has earned “A” ratings from AM Best and Fitch, as well as “Best Auto Insurance Company” designations from Forbes and Insure.com. For more information, visit www.MercuryInsurance.com or follow the company on Twitter or Facebook.
SOURCE Mercury insurance